February 2022 – the Month of Divine Wisdom
Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore, get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding. Proverbs 4:7
Glory, Honor and Adoration be to God for seeing us through the month of January 2022, the month of God’s Presence. The presence of God will go with us this year in Jesus’ name. One of the virtues we acquire in the presence of God is Wisdom. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7). Knowing who God is and giving Him the respect due to Him is where wisdom and knowledge begin. When we choose to turn away from that fact, the Bible considers us foolish. Wisdom is a divine gift that is granted by God whenever any believer asks.
Many people may have knowledge today, even getting straight As in school, but they have no wisdom. Knowledge enables us to take things apart. Wisdom, however, enables us to put things together and relate God’s truth to our daily living. It is better to have wisdom without learning, than to have learning without wisdom. Wisdom is measured by deeds, not degrees. Wisdom is not the acquiring of truth, but the applying of truth.
When we go through trials, sometimes we don’t know what to do. Trials will test your wisdom. You will find out what you know and don’t know when you go through the fire. You may find yourself asking, “Why is this happening Lord?” James says, “If you lack wisdom, if you are defective or destitute in knowing how to apply the circumstances of life to your Christian living, then go to the source of wisdom…. God.” “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him” (James 1:5). As we journey through life, we cannot afford to make decisions on our own without the help of the Lord. We need to get help from the Lord and trust Him. Getting wisdom is one of the most valuable things we can get from God.
King Solomon stresses the blessings of having wisdom. It should be the desire of every Christian to delight in having wisdom. It is more precious than rubies. It will preserve you against danger and destruction and promote you into leadership. It will cause people to be pleased with you (Proverbs 8). Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore, get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding (Proverbs 4:7). King Solomon asked for wisdom, and it is his prayer that unlocked the riches of his world in 1 Kings 3:8-13.
How do we get Godly Wisdom?
1. Acknowledge that true wisdom is something that we need. Like grace, wisdom is something God offers and which we must receive. It is a gift. Psalm 32:8
2. Repent of your claim on wisdom. Turn to God. By faith, believe in God and in His only begotten Son Jesus Christ. Ask him for wisdom James 1:5
3. Wisdom comes from the Word of God: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which can make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 3:15). Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the Lord my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it. Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people (Deuteronomy 4:5-6).
4. Wisdom comes from believing prayer: —If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraided not; and it shall be given him (James 1:5).
5. We get wisdom from godly counselors: —For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety (Proverbs 24:6).
Jesus Christ is the fullness of God’s wisdom. We need to first receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior to receive wisdom, (1 Cor. 1:23-24). “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. For by me your days will be multiplied, And years of life will be added to you (Proverbs 9:10-11).
PRAYER: “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him (James 1:5). Father, according to your word, grant me wisdom to order my life to please You and excel in life in Jesus’ name.
Welcome to the month of February 2022, the month of Divine Wisdom.
Yours in Him,
Pastor Lillian Haastrup
April 2023 – He Leads me Beside Still Waters
April 11, 2023
March 2023 – My Month to Lie Down in Green Pastures
March 2, 2023
February 2023 – I shall not want
February 1, 2023