December 2020 – Give Thanks to God in all Things
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
The Apostle Paul exhorts us not only to give thanks for all things, but “in” all things, give God thanks. As children of God, we are to give thanks when it is either good or bad times; when it is messy and or ugly situations; in sorrowful and joyful times; in painful conditions and when we are weak or strong, and happy or sad. We are to continue to praise and give God thanks in every situation we find ourselves. We are to acknowledge God as the giver of all things, and without Him we can do nothing. We have every reason to thank God who has kept us alive and in good health through this year. Year 2020 has been a difficult year for all nations of the world, but God in His infinite grace and mercy has kept us alive up to the twelfth month of the year. He who has done this is able to lead us gracefully into the new year 2012 in Jesus name.
The theme for the year 2020 is the Year of the Great Turnaround. The year has proved itself to be a year of great turnaround truthfully because the way people live, work and interact has changed. due to the pandemic of corona virus (COVID 19). Despite the ravaging and destructive work of the COVID 19, God told us in April that He is our refuge and strength. In May we were surrounded by God’s Compassion that does not fail. In June and July, we anchored on the Lord is my Healer, and my Rock, respectively. Our Lord encouraged us in August not to fear , for He is with us. God endowed us with the power to flourish in September. Holiness unto the Lord was our watchword in October, for without holiness, no one can see the Lord. In November, we were encouraged to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Finally, brethren, come this December, we are to count our blessings, if you can name them all. We also need to thank God as we celebrate the gift of our Lord Jesus Christ to the world this month. Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! 2 Corinthians 9:15.
It is the grace of God that has kept us thus far and that grace is sufficient for us. Apostle Paul said, “I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus,”1 Corinthians 1:4. He was thankful for God’s enabling grace that is not earned but given to us free. God’s grace is enough as it enables us to face and conquer every difficulty situation. The grace of God is always available and ready, and it is vital to the believer. The grace of God is essential and adequate for every area of our lives. God bestows His grace not because of what we do, or who we are but because of who God is, He is God indeed. So, let us with a joyful heart praise His holy name. He is good and His mercy endures forever.
PRAYER OF PRAISE FROM OPEN HEAVENS – 11/30/2020
1. Thank God for the salvation of your soul.
2. Thank God for your life. Thank Him for preserving your life. You are not better than those you started this year with but are no more.
3. Praise God for His grace that has brought you this far in life.
4. Thank God for victory over known and unknown enemies.
5. Thank God for your health. Thank Him because His stripe has healed you.
6. Thank God for His provision. Thank Him because He provides for you even when it seems all hope is lost.
7. Thank God for journey mercies every day.
8. Thank God for all your relatives, friends, neighbors, and colleagues.
9. Thank God for your place of work, business, or school.
10. Thank God for the Body of Christ and for the privilege to be a part of the Church.
11. Praise God in advance for all that He is set to do in your life.
12. Count your blessings, name them one by one and thank Him sincerely.
Welcome to December 2020, the month of Give thanks to God in all things.
Yours in Him,
Pastor Lillian Haastrup