THE MONTH OF THE PROVISION OF THE GREAT SHEPHERD
David says in Psalms 23:1 “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.” The words “I shall not want” could be better translated “I shall not be in want or shall not lack anything.” David is speaking as a satisfied, contented lamb.
God’s Provision for the Believer.
1. He provides our supplies and for our stress and straits.
Philippians 4:19—But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Matthew 6:33—But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
2. He provides security and sweet companionship. Hebrews 13:5—Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
1 Peter 1:5—Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
3. He provides strength and shelter in trials.
Psalm 57:1—Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusted in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpass.
4. He provides the way of salvation and victory.
John 14:6—Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
5. He provides site and a sense of direction for us.
Psalm 32:8—I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
6. He provides the Scriptures for our spiritual growth.
1 Timothy 4:6—If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
7. He provides sleep or rest.
Matthew 11:29—Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
When God is doing the providing, He can use anything He wants, to bring the provision to you.
– For Elijah—He used ravens.
– For Peter—He used a fish that had a coin to pay the taxes.
– For Balaam—He used a donkey to speak God’s message.
May the Lord who created the heavens and the earth divinely provide for all your needs in Jesus Name, Amen.
Welcome to the month of February, the month of the provision of the Great Shepherd.
Yours in Him,
Pastor Lillian Haastrup