Lift up your heads, O you Gates!
“Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, The LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah (Psalm 24:7-10).
This beginning of the year, the Lord is declaring to you: Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. -Isaiah 43:18, why? “Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.” -Isaiah 43:19
Prayer Points on Gates
1.Prayer: This year, the Lord will put praises in my mouth. every gate that is closing me in, whether they be gates of brass or bars of iron, the Lord will break them in pieces and set me free in Jesus name. (Psalm 107:15-16- Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder. Isaiah 45:2)
2. Prayer: Every prosperous gate of the new year, I command your heads to be lifted up so that the king of glory may enter with me to take over my possessions. I decree and declare every gate that has closed before now, begin to open in the mighty name of Jesus. (Psalm 24: 7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.).
3.Prayer: Every gate in the new year, that will lead me into my liberty, begin to open of your own accord in Jesus name. (Act 12:10 When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him; Esther 5:2 And it was so, when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, that she obtained favor in his sight: and the king held out to Esther the golden scepter that was in his
hand. So Esther drew near, and touched the top of the scepter).
5. Prayer: This year O Lord, I open the doors of my heart; come and dine with me. Let not your presence depart from me. Be my companion at every moment. Let me enjoy your company the more this year. (Revelations 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any
man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and
will sup with him, and he with me).
6. Prayer: Every door that I will be knocking on this year and beyond, O Lord let them open for me speedily. (Matthew 7:7 – Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall
find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you).
7.Prayer: This year, the Lord will stir the hearts of men to pray for my release from every bondage. (Acts 12:5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him).
8. Prayer: This year, when it remains a little for the enemy to laugh over me, the Lord will show up for my release. (Acts 12: 6-7 And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. 7 And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands).
9. Prayer: Lord, this new year, you will open unto me your goodness to make me enter your gates with thanksgiving (Ps 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name). Begin to Praise the Lord and Worship him for possessing the gates of 2017.
Welcome to the month of January 2017,
Pastor Lillian Haastrup