July 2023 – The month of Completeness and Perfection for His Namesake
He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness.
For His name’s sake. Psalm 23:3
Let us exalt the name of the Lord for bringing us to the second half of the year 2023.
The Lord is good and His loving kindness endures forever. May His name be praised forever and ever in Jesus’ name.
This year 2023, our anchor passage has been Psalm 23; and our next stop in July 2023 is “For His name’s sake,” Psalm 23:3c. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness. For His name’s sake. Psalm 23:3 (NKJV).
Why does our Lord lead us on the right path? David says, “For His name’s sake.” God is jealous of His name and glory. He provides for us for His name’s sake and reputation. God has a reputation that is respected and cannot be toyed with. God’s names promote His character. His truthfulness, faithfulness, holiness, and His glory are all linked to His name.
And often God acts to sanctify His name and prevent it from being disgraced. God’s name is important to Him. Exodus 20:7 says, “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.” Throughout the Bible, the Lord continues to sanctify His name and His reputation.
For His name’s sake, the Lord does several things.
1. He forgives us of our sins for His name’s sake. God is great in forgiveness, he is a merciful God, he is a loving God. (Is 43:25). I write unto you, little children because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake. 1 John 2:12. For Your name’s sake, O Lord, pardon my iniquity, for it is great. Psalm 25:11
2. He saves us for His name’s sake. Nevertheless, he saved them for his name’s sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known. Psalm 106:8
3. He leads us on the right path. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness. For His name’s sake. Psalm 23:3
4. God revives us for His name’s sake. Revive me, O LORD, for Your name’s sake! For Your righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble. Ps 143:11. David says to the Lord revive me so that we will worship your name (Ps 80:18).
For Jesus’ humility’ and the work, He did on the cross of Calvary, God exalted Him and gave Him a name that is above all other names on earth and in heaven. Philippians 2:9-10.
The name of Jesus Christ is powerful. In Acts 3:6 “Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” In the name of Jesus this man who never walked in his entire life, who never stood on his feet. He was healed immediately by the power in the name of Jesus Christ.
In the same manner, the salvation of a person’s soul is immediate when he or she puts faith in Christ for eternal life.
The Name of Jesus:
*Gives calm to those gripped by fear.
*Gives comfort and assurance.
*Commands authority over demons
*Gives strength to the weak.
Proverbs 18:10 says that “The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe. When we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, no demons have the power to oppose our prayers, because there is power in His name.
As Christians, therefore, we ought to be mindful of God’s name and reputation because we are the ambassadors of Jesus Christ. Our prayer is that God’s name be honored. Matthew 6:9 says, “After this manner, therefore, pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.” God’s name is honored when people witness the change and transformation of the sinner that has been saved by the grace of God.
1. Thank God for the past six months of the year 2023. Thank God for His faithfulness, His Mercy, Divine Protection and Divine Provision.
2. Let us confess and acknowledge all our sins and plead for God’s Mercy.
3. Pray for the grace to walk closer with the Lord in this new season in Jesus’ name.
4. Thank God for the power in His name.
Welcome to the second half of the year 2023, the month of completeness and perfection for His namesake.
Yours in Him,
Pastor Lillian Haastrup