January 2019 – My Month of His Divine Presence
DIVINE PRESENCE-Exodus 33:12-19
Thank God, you made it to year 2019. Congratulations and Happy new Year.
As you begin year 2019, the Lord has a message for you. “My presence will go with thee, and I will give thee peace.” Through good and bad, God has watched over His people Israel. Through the invasions of Assyria, Babylon, Greece, and Rome, and even in modern times, God has protected His people Israel despite overwhelming odds against them.
The Lord never left Elijah’s side when he confronted the prophets of Baal and when he was pursued by Jezebel and Ahab. God was with a disobedient Jonah when he was inside the belly of the whale and then entered Nineveh by himself to preach against their sins. God did not face another area when the trio of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were thrown into the fiery furnace. He walked with them through the fire. God was present with Daniel when he was thrown into the lions’ den. Paul was stoned and left for dead, but the Lord was with him and did not call him home to glory until the Lord was ready for him to come home. God gave these people courage and peace in the dangerous and desperate hours of their lives.
Beloved, God’s presence is with those who are Christians, those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. No matter what you will be going through this year 2019, God has promised His Presence if you will be obedient to His Words.
God’s presence does several things:
1. It gives courage. Deuteronomy, 20:1, Psalm23:4. We walk through valleys, instead of running through them, because we go through them with His help and presence. Praise the Lord! Therefore, David did not fear his valleys because the Lord was with him. We can go through our valleys in 2019 with confidence, assurance, peace, and decisiveness because God will always be with us.
2. God’s presence gives Confidence because greater is He that is with you than He that is in the world. God says “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you, Isaiah 43:2
3. God’s presence is constant- God says in Hebrews 13:5c- “I will never leave you nor forsake you, and the Lord Jesus in Matthew 28:20b says “and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Beloved, if you want God’s presence, in your life, you must trust Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. Romans 10:9-10—That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believe unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:13—For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
How do we obtain and sustain God’s Presence?
Praise the Lord always, for the Lord inhabits the praises of His people (Psalms 22:3). When you live a life full of praise to God, His Presence abides with you.
Depend on the Lord always. In Exodus 33: 15-16, Moses tells the Lord, “We can’t make it without you. If you are not with us, then don’t lead us out of here. Beloved, without God’s presence and leading, we waste our life away by making foolish choices, having wrong priorities, and being ineffective for Christ. Psalm 127:1-Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waked but in vain.
Call to the Lord-Psalm 145:18; Isaiah 55:6; Lamentations 3:57.
Change Direction in Your Life from Bad to Good. People are not close to the Lord because they choose not to be. Their sin hinders their fellowship with Him, Zephaniah 3:1-2; Isaiah 59:2. Repentance will lead to restoration in fellowship with God- Zechariah 1:3.
A Crushed Heart and Contrite Spirit Keeps the Lord’s Presence-Psalm 34:18
Christlike Behavior Keeps Him Near, 2 Corinthians 13:11, Philippians 4:9, Amos 5:14
Carry Out the Great Commission, 2 Timothy 4:11
Always remind yourself that in Conflicts, Catastrophes, & Challenges, He Is Near, Genesis 39:2, 21, Psalm 91:15, Isaiah 43:2
The Consequences of God’s Presence in your life in 2019 are:
2. Strength- 2 Timothy 4:17a
3. The Blessings of God- Genesis 39:2
4. Refuge- Psalm 46:7.
5. Goodness and Blessing- Psalm 73:28.
7. Greatness- 1 Chronicles 11:9,
8. Fellowship- Revelation 3:20
9. Joy- Psalm 16:11.
10. Contentment- Hebrews 13:5
We enjoy all these blessings because of the Presence of God in our lives. Do you know Him today? Does He live within your heart? If not, why not trust Him today.
My Dear Heavenly Father, this year 2019, let your Presence go with me in all my undertakings. Help me to spend quality time in Your Word and in Prayers every day of the Year. My Dear Holy Spirit, help and strengthen me to do this daily, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Welcome to the month of January 2019, the month of His Divine Presence.
Yours in Him,
Pastor (Dr.) Lillian Haastrup